Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rihanna Sings About Domestic Violence On Single With Eminem

Rihanna Sings About Domestic Violence On Single With Eminem

Rihanna teamed up with Eminem for one of the singles on his new album. The single is called 'I Love The Way You Lie' and includes some lyrics about domestic violence. Eminem raps that the next time she tries to leave, he's going to tie her to the bed and set the house on fire. Rihanna sings:
"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn / that's alright because I like the way it hurts..."
Rihanna says the lyrics are "authentic and real" and explains the song this way:
"[Eminem] pretty broke down the cycle of domestic violence and it's something that a lot of people don't have a lot of insight on, so this is a really a powerful song. ... It really touches a lot of people...
"The lyrics are so deep and beautiful. It's something I connected to, which made me think it was a hit. And I want to be part of a hit."
Now I haven't heard the rest of the song, so I don't know the context, and I don't want to get self-righteous or judgmental, and of course Rihanna has the right to sing about whatever she wants, but... this just REALLY surprises me. Especially given what she's been through.

Have you heard the song? Does it sound like it's glorifying domestic violence?

Photos by FAME    (imnotobsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment