Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drew Barrymore For Marie Claire

Drew Barrymore For Marie Claire

The always bubbly and beautiful Drew Barrymore graced the cover of Marie Claire UK and opened up about how technology is changing the dating game. She ISN'T happy!! I agree with what she says about texting - but I feel like there's no turning back.
Here are a few quotes:

On having no rules in a relationship: ‘I’m happy to say that, at 35 years old, I feel I know less than eve. But in a liberating way. I’m trying to figure out how to make relationships work. The only thing I know is that there aren’t any rules. There should be no infrastructure on how a couple is supposed to work. Life isn’t like that.’

On being an old fashioned romantic: ‘The fact that I’m begging for a phone call is pathetic in this age of technology,’ she admits. ‘Plans are made by text – I can’t stand it. My ex, Fabrizio [Moretti, drummer with The Strokes], and I used to always make each other things for Valentine’s Day. I loved that. I know it was something we looked forward to and was really cool. I encourage people to make things for each other – it’s so beautiful.’

On social media:
‘I just don’t like this compulsive, instantaneous, over- information, lack-of-privacy, weirdo aspect of the world,’ she says. ‘If you meet someone, they already know everything. What about showing up on the date and saying, “What do you do for a living? Who are your friends?” Yes, you can avoid maybe a serial killer, but who fucking knows? I am a romantic and it scares me…’

On having phone sex: ‘Oh, I’ve had successful phone sex – it can work. I think it’s f**king weird – it’s super weird. I totally tried it, though, with a little success at one point in my life, but it was just a thing you try, like wearing orange for a while. I don’t think it’s something I could live my life with. What makes me happy right now is something very tangible and that’s the people I know that I really, really like and love and get such a sense of happiness from. My tribe.’   (imnotobsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment