Thursday, August 5, 2010

Naomi Campbell Admits She Received Blood Diamonds

Naomi Campbell Admits She Received Blood Diamonds

Naomi Campbell was issued with a subpoena to testify against a man named Charles Taylor who is accused of criminal responsibility for murder, rape, sexual slavery and the use of child soldiers in Liberia.
He once gifted her with a blood diamond.

Naomi originally refused to testify, until she was forced to take the stand because of the subpoena.
“This is a big inconvenience for me. I really don’t want anything to do with this and I care about the protection of my family.”
“This is someone, I read up on the internet, that has killed thousands of people, supposedly, and I don’t want my family in danger in any way.”
I can completely understand that, but at the same time, wasn't there some way she could've worked out a deal to testify privately and anonymously?
Campbell told the court that she was woken by two strangers and handed a pouch.
Asked what she thought the gift was, she said: “They were dirty-looking pebbles. I’m used to seeing diamonds, shiny and in a box.”
She told the court that the men had knocked on her door and said: “There’s a gift for you.”
There were 2-3 stones, which she assumed were gifts from Charles because she had just met him that night. Naomi turned them over to the head of the Nelson Mandela Children's fund the next day.

So scary to be involved in something like that. If Charles is guilty, I hope he's put behind bars quickly.

Photos by Wenn.com
(imnotobsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment